The Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan scheme is a government initiative that aims to provide old age protection and social security for unorganised workers. It was previously known as the Labour Card scheme ( E Shram Card). Unorganised workers who join this scheme and contribute till the age of 60 will receive a monthly pension of Rs. 3,000.
The scheme also offers benefits such as life insurance and disability assistance. The e-Shramik Card is a tool that empowers unorganised workers and helps them access the scheme. The scheme focuses on meeting the diverse needs of unorganised workers and enhancing their quality of life in retirement and unforeseen circumstances.
Procedure To Download the E Shram Card
To download the steps you need to follow:
- Visit the official website of [E-Shram portal] and click on the “UPDATE” link on the homepage.
- Enter your UAN card number, date of birth, and captcha code in the fields provided. Click on the “Generate OTP” button.
- You will receive a special code on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and verify your identity.
- After verification, you will see your profile details on the screen. You can update any information if needed.
- Click on the “Download E-Shram Card” button at the bottom of the page. You will get a PDF file of your E-Shram Card, which you can save or print.
Benefits of E Shram Card
- A pension of Rs.3,000 per month after attaining 60 years.
- Death insurance of Rs.2,00,000 and financial aid of Rs.1,00,000 in the case of partial handicap.
- A 12-digit UAN number valid throughout India.
- Access to social security schemes and job opportunities.
- Premium waiver for one year and accidental insurance of Rs.2,00,000 through Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
Procedure to Register E Shramik Card
To register for the E Shramik Card, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit the official website [register.eshram.gov.in] or the nearest Common Service Centre (CSC).
- Click on “Register on e-SHRAM” link on the right side of the page.
- Enter your Aadhaar linked mobile number and captcha code and click on “Send OTP”.
- Enter the OTP and confirm your personal details that appear on the screen.
- Enter the required details such as address, educational qualifications, bank account number, etc.
- Select your skill name, nature of business and type of work.
- Upload your photograph and self-declaration form.
- Submit the application and download the acknowledgement slip.
- You will receive an SMS with your 12-digit UAN (Unique Identification Number) and a link to download your E Shramik Card.
Procedure To Grievance Online
you can follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of EPF i-Grievance Management System.
- Click on ‘Register Grievance’.
- Select your status (PF Member, EPS Pensioner, Employer, Others).
- Enter your UAN (Universal Account Number) and the security code.
- Verify your details and get an OTP on your mobile number.
- Fill in the grievance registration form with the relevant details and documents.
- Submit the form and note down the registration number for future reference
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is E shram card?
Ans: E shram card is a unique identification card for unorganised workers in India.