A PAN card is the full form of Permanent Account Number which is issued by the Income Tax Department of India. And also It is a 10 digit alphanumeric code in which it serves as a unique identifier for taxpayers and other financial transactions. A PAN card is a valid proof of identity and address in India. You are going to know about Pan Card Apply
PAN stands for Permanent Account Number and it is a card that stores all the financial transactions online and it is a 10-digit number that is issued by income tax department. In this article you are going to know about Pan Card Apply Online.it is issued under section 139A. It is a proof of citizenship and it can be applied by a foreigner also.
How To Download Card Online
Follow the below steps to download load your pan card online
From NSDL Portal
- first of all visit the official website of the pan card apply @https://nsdl.co.in/
- Now select the New facilities under the ‘ quick links ‘
- from dropdown menu select the download e-pan/e-panxml
- After redirecting another page add aknowledgement number and enter the required details
- choose any option and click the declaration and get a OTP
- now enter the OTP and now click the validate button
- Finally click the Download Pdf
From UTIITSL Portal
- First of all visit the official website @https://www.utiitsl.com/
- Select Apply pan cards under the section of pan cards
- Click on the download pan card
- After that enter the required details
- Now OTP will be Send
- Enter the OTP and click on submitting
- After submission your Pan will be download
What is the structure of Card Apply
It contains 10- digit number and first 5 letters are capital letters and last four are numbers. First 3 numbers are combination of letters from AAA to ZZZ.
- A = association of persons
- B = individual bodies
- C= companies
- F = films
- G = government officials
- H = HUF
- L=local authorities
- J= Judicial person
- P = proprietor
- T= trusts
- F = liability partnerships
And 5th character is a sur name or his name starting letter and last character is a letter used for special purpose
PAN Card application Types
- Allotment through 49A:- this is issued to whom they never applied for PAN card and involves PAN allotment.
- Correction in PAN:- This is used for some of minor corrections in PAN card such as name , address and DOB and produce any legal document for changing
- Allotment of Pan for foreigners is issued under 49AA
How To Apply For Pan Card Online
- Visit official portal of NDSL and choose 49A option in that and fill your basic details
- After filling click on submit button and after that it will ask a possessing fee
- After that it will generate an acknowledgement number which is usedfor tracking purpose
- One should carry required documents and passport size photo for completing your details
- You get your card 15 days after applying
Procedure To Apply Pan Card Offline
You can also apply for a PAN card offline by visiting any of the designated PAN service centers or TIN facilitation centers. You can find the nearest center by visiting the [NSDL] website. The steps to apply for a PAN card offline are:
- First of all you have to Obtain the physical application form (Form 49A) from the center or download it from the NSDL or UTITSL website.
- Also you need to fill in the form with your personal details such as name, date of birth, address, etc.
- After that you need to attach two recent passport size photographs and copies of your proof of identity, proof of address and proof of date of birth.
4.Therefore you need to pay the application fee of Rs. 93 (excluding GST) for Indian communication address and Rs. 864 (excluding GST) for foreign communication address. You can pay through cash, cheque, or demand draft.
- Finally you need to Submit the form and documents to the center and collect the acknowledgment slip
- It contain colour photo graph and QR code and camera of 12Mp can read that code
- It can be readable by special app in play store
- Not only new cards old cards are also valid.
Why do we need to Pan Card
A PAN card is required for various purposes, such as:
- Filing income tax returns
- Opening a bank account
- Applying for a loan or credit card
- Buying or selling property or vehicles
- Investing in mutual funds or securities
- Receiving salary or professional fees
- Making payments above Rs. 50,000
- Applying for a passport or visa
Frequently Asked Questions
Q .What is PAN card and why do I need it?
A .PAN card is a unique identification number for tax purposes.
Q .How can I apply for PAN card online or offline?
A.You can apply online at [NSDL] or [UTIITSL] websites or offline at designated centers.
Q . What are the documents required for PAN card application?
A .You need proof of identity, address, date of birth, and photograph