The GHMC Property Tax is a municipal corporation in Hyderabad. Property tax of Property owner has to pay to This Corporation Once’s in a year. GHMC has an Facility of Online Payment as well as Offline Payment. 2% of Penalty is issued to the non tax payer.
First Measure the Plinth Area. GHMC has fixed an amount For Per square metre per taxation zone. Annual property tax for Commercial Property is 3.5×Plinth area in sq ft × MRV in rs/ft
Comercial properties such as Atm’s and Cellular towers Can be rent from 50/- to 70/- per square ft.public propertie such as Educational institutions, Hospital, Parks and Govt Buildings are charged only 8/-. Last date to Pay this tax is 31st July and 15th October.
How to Pay GHMC Property Tax online
- First of all you need to Visit the GHMC official website at https://onlinepayments.ghmc.gov.in/
- Enter your PTIN/ASMT (Property Tax Identification Number), which is a unique 14-digit number assigned to each property.
- Enter your registered mobile number and click on ‘Get OTP’.
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile and click on ‘Submit’.
- You will see your property tax details such as owner name, address, ARV, tax amount, penalty, rebate, etc.
- Choose your preferred mode of payment such as credit card, debit card, net banking, UPI, etc. and complete the transaction.
- You will receive a confirmation message and an e-receipt for your payment.
Why do we have to pay GHMC Property Tax?
We have to pay not only GHMC Property Tax but also all the taxes implemented by the Government because it is one of the main sources of income for the GHMC and also for the state government of Telangana.. The GHMC uses the money from the property tax to provide various services and facilities for the people of Hyderabad.As actually some of these services and facilities are:
- Maintaining roads, bridges, street lights and drainage systems
- Providing water supply, sanitation, and garbage collection
- Running schools, hospitals, libraries, and parks
- Supporting welfare schemes and development projects
By paying GHMC Property Tax, we contribute to the development and improvement of our city
General Property Tax Rates In GHMC
|Monthly Rental value||General tax||Conservancy Tax||Lighting Tax||Drainage Tax||Total|
|Rs.300 and above||15.00%||9.00%||3.00%||3.00%||30.00%|
Highlights of GHMC tax pay
- To get PTI number. Property Documents has to be Submit to the Commissioner of GHMC.
- Afterthat, Documents will go under the physical Clearance by the Assist commissioner and also check the legalship of document to the other property documents.
- Now, On completing all this Checkouts, your Property is eligible to get a door number / PTI Number
- the new PTI number is 10 digits longer and 4 digits shorter then the previous PTI Number.
How to Check Tax Payment Status?
Property owners can check the status of their GHMC property tax payment online. Here are the steps to check tax payment status:
- firstly Visit the GHMC official website at https://onlinepayments.ghmc.gov.in/
- you need to Click on the ‘Property Tax Payment Status’ link.
- Enter the necessary details such as the property tax assessment number, registered mobile number and OTP.
- You will see your payment status such as paid, pending or failed.
How to Download GHMC Property Tax Receipt?
Property owners can download their GHMC property tax receipt online or offline. Here are the ways to download GHMC property tax receipt:
Online Procedure to Download
You can download your GHMC property tax receipt online from the official website of GHMC or from the mobile app that you used to pay your tax. Here are the steps to download GHMC property tax receipt online:
- Visit the GHMC official website at https://onlinepayments.ghmc.gov.in/
- Click on the ‘Property Tax Payment Receipts’ link.
- Enter your PTIN/ASMT number and registered mobile number and click on ‘Get OTP’.
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile and click on ‘Display Receipt’.
- You will see your receipt with details such as PTIN/ASMT number, owner name, address, ARV, tax amount, penalty, rebate, payment date, transaction ID, etc.
- You can download the receipt on your device or print it for future reference.
Offline Procedure To Download
You can also get your GHMC property tax receipt offline from any of the citizen service centers (CSCs) or e-seva centers in Hyderabad. Here are the steps to get GHMC property tax receipt offline:
- Visit any CSC or e-seva center near you with your PTIN/ASMT number and a valid ID proof.
- Request for a duplicate copy of your property tax receipt.
- Pay a nominal fee of Rs. 10 for the service.
- You will get your receipt with all the details mentioned above.
Ghmc OTP not recieved what to do ?
I’m sorry to hear that you are facing trouble with the OTP system for GHMC property tax. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:
- Check your mobile number with OTP on GHMC website. Enter your PTIN number and your mobile number and click on “Get OTP”. If you receive the OTP, enter it and click on “Submit” to view your property tax details.
- If you do not receive the OTP, try to update your phone number on the GST portal. Log in with your GSTIN and password and go to “Services” > “Registration” > “Amendment of Registration Non-Core Fields”. Under the tab “Promoter/Partner”, edit your phone number and save the changes. You will receive an OTP on your new number to verify the update. After that, try to check your property tax with OTP on GHMC website again.
- If none of these solutions work, you can contact GHMC directly and raise the issue. You can find their contact details on their official website. You can also visit their nearest circle office or citizen service center and pay your property tax offline.
How ghmc property tax mobile number update
To update your mobile number for GHMC property tax, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of GHMC i.e., [ghmc.gov.in]
- Select Property Tax from “Our Services” on the Top Menu Bar.
- Keep your cursor on Property Tax to see GHMC.
- You will see Add/Update Mobile Number when you place the mouse pointer on GHMC. Click on it.
- You will be redirected to another page for your PTIN Mobile Number Updation.
- You need to select your area under Circle and enter the Assessment Number.
- Click on the Search button to see your Property Tax details.
- Enter your new mobile number and click on Update button.
- You will receive an OTP on your new mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on Verify button.
- Your mobile number will be updated successfully.
ghmc property tax check by house number
To check your GHMC property tax by house number online, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of GHMC
- Click on “Search Your Property Tax” on the left side of the page.
- Enter the circle number, owner name, door number, and mobile number in the respective fields. You can find the circle number on your previous property tax receipt or bill.
- Click on “Submit” to get an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on “Verify” to view your property details and tax dues on your screen.
- You can also download or print your property tax receipt or bill by clicking on the respective buttons.
ghmc property tax change of name
To change the name in the property tax GHMC, you need to follow these steps:
- Submit the relevant documents to the concerned Deputy Commissioner/CSC for Transfer of title/Mutation. These include the latest receipt of the tax paid, the attested copy of the sale transaction deed, the copy of death certificate/legal heir certificate/succession certificate, and the NOC from the housing society.
- Pay a mutation fee (0.1% of Market Value) through DD in favour of the GHMC Commissioner.
- Wait for the concerned Tax Inspector to visit your premises before changing the name.
- The Deputy Commissioners will approve the mutation, subject to payment of all property tax dues. Mutation Proceedings shall be served to the applicant.
- Notice of transfer under Section 208 of GHMC Act, duly signed by both the Vendor and Vendee, shall be issued.
- The approved copy of the order will be available on the website of the concerned circle of GHMC.
How to calculate GHMC Property Tax?
The GHMC calculates the property tax based on a formula that considers the following factors:
- Plinth area: This is the total built up area of the property in square feet.
- Basic rate: This is the rate per square foot fixed by the GHMC for different zones and categories of properties.
- Annual rental value: This is the estimated rent of the property which can fetch in a year. Moreover it is calculated by multiplying the plinth area with the basic rate.
- Property tax: This required of the 30% of the annual rental value.
- For example, if a property has a plinth area of 1000 sq.ft., a basic rate of Rs. 5 per sq.ft., and an annual rental value of Rs. 60,000, then the property tax will be Rs. 18,000 (30% of Rs. 60,000).
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.What is GHMC property tax?
A. GHMC property tax is a tax levied by the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation on properties in Hyderabad.
Q. How is GHMC tax calculated?
A. GHMC property tax is calculated based on the annual rental value of the property and the applicable tax rate.
Q. How can I pay tax online?
A. You can pay GHMC property tax online by visiting the GHMC website, entering your PTIN/ASMT number, and making the payment through various modes.
Q .How can I check my property tax dues?
A .You can check your GHMC property tax dues by visiting the GHMC website,entering your PTIN/ASMT number, and clicking on “Get Dues” button.
Q.How can I get a property tax receipt?
A.You can get a GHMC property tax receipt by visiting the GHMC website, entering your PTIN/ASMT number, and clicking on “Download Receipt” button