GST migration or GST is a new tax system that replaced many old taxes in India. Under GST, there are two types of people who pay tax: regular and composition. Regular people pay GST at different rates on their sales and file returns every month or quarter. Composition people pay GST at a lower rate on their total sales and file returns every quarter. But they cannot get back the tax they paid on their purchases or give tax bills to their customers.
How To check Registration Details On GST migration Portal
- Open the portal by clicking the link
- After that fill the details with your user name and password and login in to the portal
- Also Click on the services tab and after that click again the services tab which will show you the registration details
- From that one can easily down loaded the GST certificate. In this article you will know how to migrate your GST
Overview of GST
|Name of Scheme||GST Migration|
|Launched By||Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC)|
|Beneficiary||Existing taxpayers registered under VAT, Central Excise and Service Tax|
|Objective||To issue provisional GSTIN to existing taxpayers and enable them to enroll under GST|
|Official Website||[GST Portal]|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Know everything about GST migration
Many people are talking about GST these days. GST is a new tax system that will change how you do your small and medium business. But GST will not change much for big businesses. In this article, we will tell you how to get ready for GST if you are a small or medium business owner. We will also use some words that help connect the ideas in the article. These words are called transition words.
Tax credit on input:
The persons who has migrated from ITC should fill the TRAN-1 and includes service tax and central tax. In this a taxable person should accumulate all the credits of taxes paid by them and carry them for this you should carry the old regime.
Input credit on capital goods:
For applying new regime one should carry a old regime and providences must be clear for all references to such approval.
Additional customs duty:
This will lead to distortion of prices under this scheme no tax is allowed to pay your scheme and tables will be changed in case of new regime which may affect the manufacture before he appointed new persons.
What is Composition scheme:
The composition scheme is a simple tax scheme for small people who sell up to Rs 1.5 crore (Rs 75 lakh for some states) in a year. The scheme lets them pay GST at a lower rate on their total sales and file returns every quarter. The GST rates under the composition scheme are: https://gstcouncil.gov.in/
- 1% for people who make or sell things
- 5% for people who run restaurants (without alcohol)
- 6% for people who provide services (up to Rs 50 lakh sales)
The composition scheme has some rules and limits, such as:
- The person cannot sell to other states or outside India
- The person cannot sell things or services that are not taxed
- The person cannot sell things or services online
- Moreover The person cannot take GST from customers or get back the tax paid on purchases
- The person has to write “composition taxable person” on every board or notice at his business place
- However The person has to write “composition taxable person, not eligible to collect tax on supplies” on every bill he gives
1.AVAILED CENVAT AND INPUT VAT CREDIT:-
In this closing balance of CENVAT must be shown before last return filed by tax payer otherwise GST should be implemented on this. Those who turnover of business exceed turnover of 4 crore should fill an application of ER form
VAT comes under value added tax and it returns should be monthly or quarterly basis and input credit is carried forward as SGST input tax credit. First that input VAT should be 5000 must be shown and GST will approves of same income tax credit and then you have to carry and forward VAT as SGST credit.
In this a person should have to pay liable for registration if his value added tax is above 10 lakh and it should be paid in format of 14% for excise liability and swach bharat at rate of 0.5% and this credit is not allowable in cess liability.
2.UNAVAILED CENVAT AND INPUT VAT CREDIT:-
It is safe to say that combination of various indirect taxes under the GST has brought about significant positive changes. Business in India has also improved with these changes in the tax system. The future is bright for start-ups and established businesses. 50% CENVAT comes around 6250 for 2016-2017 and rest comes from next based years
- The person has to sign up on the GST website by confirming his email and phone number
- Also The person will get a temporary registration certificate in Form GST REG-25, which will have the GSTIN
- If the person has more than one registration under the old law with one PAN, he will get only one temporary registration under GST
- If the person has one registration for all India under service tax, he will get only one temporary registration in the state where he was registered under service tax
- If the person wants to choose the composition scheme under GST, he has to fill an online form in Form GST CMP-02 on the GST website before the start of the year for which he wants to use the scheme
- If the person wants to choose the regular scheme under GST, he has to fill an online form in Form GST REG-26 on the GST website within six months from the date of temporary registration
- Also In both cases, the person has to give the details of stock and purchases from people who are not registered in Form GST ITC-03 within 60 days from the date of choosing the scheme or getting registration
- The person will get a final registration certificate in Form GST REG-06 after checking by the tax officers
Frequently Asked Questions
Q .What is GST migration?
,A GST migration is the process of issuing provisional GSTIN to existing taxpayers registered under VAT, excise and service tax laws.
Q .How to get provisional ID and password for GST migration?
A. Provisional ID and password are provided by the State Tax Authority via SMS or email. If not received, contact the authority or email at email@example.com.
Q .How to create username and password on GST portal using provisional ID and password?
A . Visit the GST portal [www.gst.gov.in](^1^) and click on “New User Login”. Enter the provisional ID and password and follow the instructions to create username and password.
Q . How to fill the enrollment application on GST portal?
A .Login to the portal using username and password. Click on “Provisional ID Enrollment” and fill the required details in the application form. Submit the form with necessary documents.
Q .How to track the status of GST migration?
A. You can track the status of migration on the portal by entering your provisional ID or GSTIN. Also You can also check your migration status on the State Tax Authority website using your VAT TIN.
Q .How to issue invoices during GST migration period?
A. Till migration, you can use the provisional ID for issuing invoices. You need not write GSTIN or ARN on invoice.Therefore After receiving GSTIN, you have to issue revised invoice mentioning GSTIN.