The National Overseas Scholarship Scheme is a great opportunity for students from some groups to pursue higher education abroad. The scheme provides financial assistance, reservation and guidance to the selected candidates. The scheme helps them to achieve their academic and career goals and to contribute to the development of India.
The interested candidates can apply online for the National Overseas Scholarship is a scheme by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment that provides financial assistance to students from low income groups belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Denotified Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribes, Landless Agricultural Labourers and Traditional Artisans categories to pursue higher education abroad. The scheme aims to improve the economic and social status of these students by enabling them to obtain Master degree or Ph.D courses in any field of study in accredited institutions or universities in foreign countries.
what is the Objective of the National Overseas Scholarships
The objective of the NOS scheme is to improve the economicity and social status of the students who are generally are from the above groups. In this scheme you are going to know also about how to increase your knowledge and moreover your skills in different fields of study. The scheme hopes to create more leaders and experts from these groups. Which are mainly are bavkq who can contribute to the development of India
What is the Eligibility Criteria For The NOS
The eligibility criteria for applying for the NOS scheme are as follows:
- The candidate should belong to one of the above groups. Official website
- The candidate should have at least 60% marks or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination. For Ph.D courses, the qualifying exam is Master degree and for Master degree courses, the qualifying exam is Bachelor degree.
- The candidate should have an unconditional offer of admission from one of the top 500 ranked foreign universities as per the latest QS rankings.
- The age of the candidate should not be more than 35 years as on April 1 of the selection year.
- The total family income of the candidate from all sources should not exceed Rs. 8 lakh per annum in the preceding financial year.