If you are worker in Indian country then you should have UWIN Card an fit stands for Unorganised Workers Index Number Card. It is a unique identity proof for unorganised workers who works in India. Unorganised workers are those workers who works in the informal sector such as domestic workers, street vendors, construction workers, agricultural workers, etc.
According to the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO) there are about 47.41 crore unorganised workers in India which constitute 82.7% of the total labour force. In this article you are going to know more about the UWIN Card Know How to Apply Online, UWIN Card is Card which helps to workers in india.
Objective Of UWIN Card
The UWIN was designed and developed by the Ministry of Labour and Employment Department of the country it was released in the year of 2014 under the Act of Unorganised Workers’ Social Security Act 2008.
The aim of the UWIN Card is to create a single unified database for unorganised workers also want to see the unification among the workers and to provide them with social security benefits such as health insurance, pension, maternity benefits, etc
How To Apply For UWIN Card Online
To apply for the Card online, you can follow these steps:
- 1.Firstly you have to visit the official website of the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- 2.After that Click on the “U-WIN Vaccinator” tab on the top menu bar.
- 3.Now You will be redirected to a new page where you can see the details of the U WIN Vaccinator program and the eligibility criteria for the UWIN Card.
- 4.Carefully check you Eligibility and If you are eligible click on the “Apply Online” button at the bottom of the page.
- 5.Then You will be asked to enter your mobile number and verify it with an OTP.
- 6. After completing your verification you will be taken to a registration form where you have to fill in your personal details such as name, date of birth, gender, address, Aadhaar number, etc.
- 7. You also have to upload your photograph and signature in the prescribed format and size.
- 8. After filling in all the details click on the “Submit” button at the end of the form.
- 9. You will receive an application reference number and a confirmation message on your mobile number and email id.
- 10. You can use this reference number to track the status of your application and download your UWIN Card once it is approved.
Required Documents For Apply
To apply for UWIN card, you need the following documents:
- Aadhaar card
- Bank account details
- Ration card
- Residence certificate
- Proof of age
- Income certificate
- Passport size photograph
Eligibility Criteria For UWIN Card
To apply for UWIN card, you need to meet some conditions. These are:
- the applier must live in Gujarat state and should have adress proof
- You must be between 18 and 60 years old and have proof of it which means birth certificate or any othe identity proof.
- You must work in an unorganised sector of the country such as construction, agriculture, or domestic work.
- as well as You must have worked for at least 90 days in the last year in the unorganised sector and have proof of it.
Overview table of UWIN Card
|Name of Scheme
|Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India
|Unorganised workers in the informal sector
|To provide a unique identification number and access to social security schemes and programmes
|Mode of Application
What are the benefits and features of UWIN Card
Some of the benefits and features of the UWIN Card are:
- The UWIN Card is a unique identity proof for unorganised workers in India. It has to be linked to their Aadhaar number for that it will helps them to access social security schemes and benefits which are provided by the govt.
- However The UWIN Card also contains the family details of the worker. Which helps worker to avail family based benefits such as health insurance, maternity benefits, pension, etc.
- Moreover The Card can help the workers to get skill development trainings such as employer, worker mapping and also to get better employment opportunities.
- Therefore The Card is free of cost and easy to apply online. The workers can register themselves easily on the UWIN portal and can upload their documents.
- This UWIN Card is valid for five years and also can be renewed online easily. The workers has to update their personal details and family information on the portal.
- The Card can be used on for accessing the EPFO and ESIC managed social security schemes and programmes. For example provident fund, pension, medical benefits, disability benefits, etc.
- The UWIN Card can also be used to access other schemes and programmes launched by the central and state governments for the welfare of the unorganised workers. These are Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan dhan Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, etc.
- Card can also help the workers to get financial assistance in case of emergencies such as accidents, natural disasters, pandemics, etc.
- UWIN Card can also help the workers to get recognition and respect for their contribution to the economy and society
Process To Check Application Status Of UWIN
1. Visit the official website of Gujarat Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board.
2. On the homepage click on “View Citizen Application Status” under the “Services” section.
3. Enter your UWIN card number, mobile number, and captcha code in the respective fields.
4. Click on “New Status” to view your application status.
How To Do Employee Login Of UWIN Card Portal
. To login on UWIN portal you need to follow these steps:
- First you need to visit the official website of Gujarat Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board
- On the homepage of the website you need to click on “Employee Login” option which is located on the top right corner of the screen. This will open a new page where you need to enter your login credentials.
- You need to enter your username, password, and captcha code in the respective fields. Your username and password are the same as your UWIN Card number which is a 12-digit unique identification number printed on your card. You can also find your UWIN Card number on your registered mobile number or email address.
- – After entering your login details you need to click on “Login” button. This will take you to your dashboard where you can access various services and information related to your UWIN Card, such as your profile, benefits, schemes, transactions, etc.
- – You can also change your password or update your personal details from your dashboard. To log out from your account, you need to click on “Logout” option, which is located on the top right corner of the screen.
Procedure To Register Online For UWIN Card
To apply for the UWIN Card, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the the e-Shram portal.
- Click on “Register Here” or “Self Registration Form” on the homepage.
- Enter your name, Aadhaar number, gender, date of birth, mobile number, email address, password, user type, and captcha code.
- Click on “Register” and login with your username, password, and captcha code.
- Fill in the required details such as personal information, family details, bank account details, occupation, income, etc.
- Upload the necessary documents such as Aadhaar card, ration card, residence certificate, proof of age, income certificate, passport size photograph, etc.
- Submit the application and note down the reference number for future reference.
- You will receive an SMS confirmation and a UWIN Card number after verification.
- You can download your UWIN Card from the portal or app and print it out.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q .What is UWIN Card?
A UWIN Card is a special card for people who work in small jobs in India. UWIN means Unorganised Workers’ Identification Number. It is a number that shows who you are. You can get this number if you sign up on the UWIN website. The card helps you get help and money from the government.
Q. What are unorganised workers?
A. Unorganised workers are people who work without any rules or benefits. They do things like cleaning houses, selling things on the road, building houses, working on farms, etc. They do not have any papers that say they work for someone, or any help from the government or the law. There are many unorganised workers in India. They are more than 80% of all the workers in India.
Q .Why do unorganised workers need UWIN Card?
A .UWIN Card is for workers who do not have a fixed job. They can get help from the government with this card. The card gives them health care, money for having a baby, money for old age, money for getting hurt, and more. The card also helps the government know how many workers there are and what they need.