Tirupati is one of the most sacred and popular pilgrimage destinations in India. Here Millions of people who are devotees for arriving here on the cause to visit the temple of Lord Venkateswara, moreover also the idol is known as Balaji every year. The temple is located on the Tirumala hill it is about about 22 km far from the town of Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh.
In this article, we will explain everything you need to know about the Tirupati Darshan 500 rupees ticket. There are different types of darshan (worship) available for the pilgrims who want to have a glimpse of the deity. One of them is the Tirupati Darshan 500 rupees ticket.Although which is also known as the Seva ticket. This ticket allows the pilgrims to participate in some special rituals and services (sevas) performed to the idol of Lord Venkateswara and his consort Padmavathi Ammavari.
What are the benefits of the Tirupati Darshan 500 rupees ticket?
The Tirupati Darshan 500 rupees ticket is a special ticket which helps to allows the pilgrims on the occasion on attending some of the most auspicious and also the sacred sevas which are performed to the utsava murthies (processional idols) of Lord Venkateswara and Padmavathi Ammavari. These sevas are:
- Arjitha Brahmotsavam: This is a daily replica of the grand annual festival of Brahmotsavam, in which the utsava murthies are taken in a procession around the temple in different vahanas (vehicles) such as Garuda, Hanuman, Sesha, etc. The seva is performed at Sri Krishnaswamy Mandapam in Sri Padmavathi Ammavari Temple (Sri PAT) from 2.00 pm to 3.00 pm.
- Unjal Seva: This is a daily ritual in which the utsava murthies are placed on a swing (unjal) and rocked gently while the temple priests chant hymns and offer flowers, fruits, and incense. The seva is performed at Sri Krishnaswamy Mandapam in Sri PAT from 2.30 pm to 3.30 pm.
- Sahasra Deepalankarana: This is a daily ritual in which the utsava murthies are adorned with jewels and garlands and illuminated by a thousand lamps (sahasra deepa) in the evening. The seva is performed at the Unjal Mandapam in the main temple from 5.00 pm to 6.00 pm.
Overview of ₹500 darshan
|Seva/Darshan||Temple||Timings||Ticket Cost||Online Booking||Dress Code|
|Arjitha Brahmotsavam||Srivari Temple, Tirumala||2.00 pm to 3.00 pm||Rs.500||Yes||Traditional|
|Unjal Seva||Srivari Temple, Tirumala||2.30 pm to 3.30 pm||Rs.500||Yes||Traditional|
|Sahasra Deepalankarana||Srivari Temple, Tirumala||5.00 pm to 6.00 pm||Rs.500||Yes||Traditional|
|VIP Darshan||Srivari Temple, Tirumala||5:30 am – 8:00 am||Rs.500||No||Men: White Pancha, Dhoti/ Kurta,Pyjama. Female: Saree with blouse/ Punjabi Dress with Dupatta / Chudidhar with Dupatta/ Half saree|
The benefits of the Tirupati Darshan 500 rupees ticket are:
- The pilgrims get to witness and participate in these sevas, which are believed to bestow blessings and prosperity on them.
- Moreover The pilgrims also get a darshan of the main deity of Lord Venkateswara after the completion of the sevas, without having to wait in long queues.
- The pilgrims also get a laddu prasadam (sweet offering) and a vastra bahumanam (cloth gift) as a token of gratitude from the temple
What are the types of sevas included in the Tirupati Darshan 500 rupees ticket?
The Tirupati Darshan 500 rupees ticket includes three types of sevas, as mentioned above:
- Arjitha Brahmotsavam
- Unjal Seva
- Sahasra Deepalankarana
The pilgrims can choose any one of these sevas according to their preference and availability. The cost of the ticket is Rs. 500 per person for each seva, and two persons are allowed on each ticket. The ticket also includes a darshan of the main deity, a laddu prasadam, and a vastra bahumanam.
How to book the Tirupati Darshan 500 rupees ticket online and offline?
The Tirupati Darshan 500 rupees ticket can be booked online or offline, depending on the convenience of the pilgrims. The online booking can be done through the official website of (TTD). which is the trust that manages the temple. The offline booking can be done at the temple counters or through some authorized agents.
The online booking of the Tirupati Darshan 500 rupees ticket can be done through the following steps:
- Firstly Visit the official website of TTD tirupatibalaji.ap.gov.in
- After that Register with a valid email ID and mobile number, if not already done.
- Also Login with the username and password.
- Click on the “Seva” option on the homepage.
- Select the desired seva from the list of available sevas.
- Choose the date and time slot for the seva from the calendar.
- Enter the details of the pilgrims, such as name, age, gender, ID proof, etc.
- Moreover Make the payment of Rs. 500 per person through debit card, credit card, net banking, or UPI.
- Confirm the booking and take a printout of the confirmation page.
The offline booking of the Tirupati Darshan 500 rupees ticket can be done through the following ways:
- At the temple counters: The pilgrims can visit the temple counters at Tirumala or Tirupati and buy the tickets directly, subject to availability. The tickets are sold on a first-come-first-serve basis, and the payment can be made in cash or card. The pilgrims have to carry the original ID proof and the ticket to the temple on the day of the seva.
- Through authorized agents: The pilgrims can also book the tickets through some authorized agents, who charge a nominal service fee. The agents can be contacted through phone, email, or online platforms. The pilgrims have to provide the details of the pilgrims, the desired seva, the date and time slot, and the payment mode. The agents will book the tickets on behalf of the pilgrims and send them the confirmation details. The pilgrims have to carry the confirmation details, the original ID proof, and the ticket to the temple on the day of the seva.
- The offline booking of the Tirupati Darshan 500 rupees ticket can be done up to one day in advance.
- subject to availability. The booking is non-transferable and non-refundable. The pilgrims have to follow the rules and regulations of the temple and the agents while booking the tickets.
What are the other options for darshan in Tirupati?
The Tirupati Darshan 500 rupees ticket is one of the options for darshan in Tirupati. There are other options for darshan in Tirupati, such as:
- Sarva Darshan: This is the free darshan that is open to all the pilgrims. The pilgrims have to join the queue at the VQC and wait for their turn to have a dar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is ₹500 darshan?
Ans: It is a type of seva or darshan that costs ₹500 per ticket and allows two persons to have a special darshan of Lord Venkateswara or other deities.
Q: How to book ₹500 darshan online?
Ans: You can book ₹500 darshan online through the official website of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) by registering. Remember usa valid email ID and mobile number.
Q: What are the timings and dress code for ₹500 darshan?
Ans: The timings for ₹500 darshan are 5:30 am to 8:00 am daily. The dress code for men is white pancha, dhoti or kurta, pyjama and for women is saree with blouse, punjabi dress with dupatta, chudidhar with dupatta or half saree.