Property tax in Kanpur is collected by the Municipal corporation of Kanpur. Every resident of kanpur Nagar should pay this tax to Municipal Corporation of kanpur. Property tax has a unique 15 digits code for paying this tax. ARV is less when comparing previous year property tax in kanpur.
Kanpur is located in uttarpradesh state with Approximately 3 million people in the City. This tax is used to maintain and built the city as well as to built good drainage system , hospitals and Educational institutions. Tax rates are different for different residentials.
How To Pay Property Tax In kanpur
- visit official website of kanpur municipal corporation@https://www.kmc.up.nic.in
- Click on the Property Tax Information on the left side of the page.
- Page will provide you so many links on page,select the option pay your property tax online.
- After selecting the option page will redirected to another page. Here you should fill all the details given like adress, ward number.
- Now, click the button submit and you will see the payment option and then click on continue.
- Now you have paid your tax.
Required Documents To Pay This Property Tax.
- All the details of the property owner.
- Property plot number.
- Adress of the property.
- Built Year.
- Rented or Own Property.
- Total Dimensions of the Property.
- Occupiers details.
Exemptions and penalties Of Kanpur Property Tax
- Public properties such as Educational institutions, Parks, Charitable organizations etc. Are exempted from this property taxes .
- For garages, colonies and Corridors are exempted from Kanpur municipal Corporation property tax.
- The tax is dependent on the Dimensions(size) of the land.
- If there are handicaped person who is a residential of Kanpur nagar he/she is rebate from this tax for some percentage from their tax.
- The government constructions like as Mro, rdo, municipal offices, grama panchayat offices etc. are exempted.
- 2% penalty will be added for the non tax payer who is not payable on time.
- Some rebate (Discount ) is also available for the one who is capable
How To Calculate Property Tax In Kanpur City
To Calculate Kanpur Property Tax Following Introduction has to be followed.
Kanpur Property Tax=Built up Area*Age factor *base value*Category of Use*Floor Factor.
property tax is measured by self assessment
Tax in Kanpur is 10% and 15% It is Rs.
Self assessment Important Notification 2022
- when a Property is going construct the property tax has to be pay after the building constructed. Befor this step a saral form has to submit
- Generally Property tax will increase if a property has increase in rooms and bathrooms.
- Sellf assessment is only applicable for only residents of the kanpur.
Specific Exemption For Calculating Tax
- When normal Properties are changed into Charitable Trusts and Devotional Places as Temples, Mosques, Churches etc..,
- A monument which has tax below 300 and the owner doesn’t have any other monument or land in the City.
Limiting Exemption Of Calculating Property Tax
- 25% discount on 10 years old buildings.
- 32.5 % discount on buildings between 10-20 years.
- 40% discount for the buildings which are more then 20 years.
- 25% discount the building which is 10 years old when the building is Tenant.
- 12.5% discount for the building which is between 10-20 years old for tenant.
- for more then 20 years buildings no additional tax will be added.