For all registered salary employees employee provident fund( EPF Claim Process) is retirement benefit. It was maintained by ministry of labor and government of India. EPFO was launched through meeseva portal online. It is simple to activate through online portal.
Benefits of EPFO is extended to all industries which employ more than 20 persons, it is implemented by act 1952. In this both employ and employer should contribute some amount at time of doing a job and get at tile of leaving job. In this you should know how to claim EPFO.
Here is list of EPF Claim forms
- FORM 2: Employee Provision scheme and Employment Provident Fund nominations
- FORM 5: Registration for new employees
- FORM 5(IF): Claiming money
- FORM 10C: withdrawing money
- FORM 10D: claiming money as pension after retirement
- FORM 11: automatic transfer of money
- FORM 13: Transfer of EPF account
- FORM 14: payment for LIC policy
- FORM 15G: TDS generation
- FORM19: Final statement
- FORM20: PF statement
FORM31: withdrawal of PDF
In this each and every form has option to withdrawal money by submitting your request to UAN portal online. To withdraw money from Form it will take at-least 60 days.
Required Documents for EPF claim
- Name of person
- Father or mother name
- Address proof for establishment of factory
- Joining date in office
- Leaving date in office
- Leaving service reasoning
- Medical and health conditions
- Two copies of 15G/15H
- Mode of payment whether it is online or offline
- Banking details such as bank account number, IFSC code, bank branch address
How to claim PF online in form 19:
- Go to http://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface
- Enter UAN portal and login in to it
- Click on services online from drop down and fill remaining data
- Verify KYC details by entering your bank account 4 digit last number
- Then select PF withdrawal amount and reason for withdrawal and enter OTP that come to your registered mobile number
- It will take 15-20 days for withdrawal money.
EPF Claim Process Form Online
- Go to the EPFO website (https://www.epfindia.gov.in/) or the UAN member portal (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/).
- Log in with your UAN and password.
- Select ‘Claim (Form-31, 19 & 10C)’ from the ‘Online Services’ menu.
- Check your personal details and verify them with OTP sent to your mobile number.
- Choose the type of claim you want to make. There are three types of claims:
- Form 19: For full withdrawal of your PF balance after leaving your job or retiring.
- Form 10C: For withdrawal of pension fund or getting a scheme certificate.
- Form 31: For partial withdrawal of your PF balance for specific purposes like medical, marriage, education, etc.
- Fill in the required details and submit the claim form.
- You will get an acknowledgement message on your mobile number and email id.
- You can check the status of your claim online by selecting ‘Track Claim Status’ from the ‘Online Services’ menu.
Procedure To Claim EPF form Offline
You can get money from your EPF account without using the internet. You need to do these steps:
- Get a paper form from the EPF website or your boss.
- Choose the right form for what you want to do. Some forms are:
- Form 19: To take out all your money when you stop working or retire.
- Form 10C: To take out some money for your pension or get a paper that shows your pension amount.
- Form 14: To use some money from your EPF account to pay for a LIC policy.
- Form 15G/15H: To avoid paying tax on your money if you are younger than 60 and earn less than the tax limit.
- Write your details on the form and put some papers with it like Aadhaar, PAN, bank book, etc.
- Get someone to sign the form who can prove who you are. This can be your boss or someone like a bank manager or a government officer.
- Give the form to the EPF office near you or send it by mail.
- You will get a message or email when they check your form.
- You can see how your form is doing by going to the EPF office or calling the free number 1800-118-005.
Procedure To Withdraw Money form EPF Claim Process
- First of all you need to Sign in to the UAN Member Portal with your UAN and Password.
- From the top menu bar, click on the ‘Online Services’ tab and select ‘Claim (Form-31, 19 & 10C)’.
- The next page will show Member Details, KYC Details and Service Details. Click on ‘Proceed for Online Claim’.
- Select ‘PF Advance (Form 31)’ from the drop-down menu to withdraw your funds online.
- A fresh section of the form will open, wherein you have to select the ‘Purpose for which advance is required’, the amount required and the employee’s address.
- Tick on the certification and submit your application.
- You may have to submit scanned documents depending on the purpose for which you have filled the form.
- Your employer has to approve your withdrawal request, after which the money will be withdrawn from your EPF account and deposited in the bank account mentioned at the time of filling the withdrawal form.
You can also check the status of your claim by clicking on ‘Track Claim Status’ under ‘Online Services’.
What are the steps to withdraw EPF offline?
The steps to withdraw EPF offline are as follows:
- Download the Composite Claim Form (Aadhaar) or (Non-Aadhaar) from the EPFO website.
- Fill in the required details and sign the form.
- Attach any supporting documents if needed.
- Submit the form to your employer or directly to the regional EPFO office.
- You will get an acknowledgement receipt for your claim.
How long does it take to settle an EPF claim?
The EPFO aims to settle an EPF claim within 20 days of receiving the application. However, it may take longer depending on various factors, such as:
- The accuracy and completeness of the information provided by the applicant
- The verification and approval process by the employer and the EPFO
- The mode of payment chosen by the applicant
- The availability of funds in the EPF account
How can you check your EPF claim status?
You can check your EPF claim status online or offline. The online methods are as follows:
- Visit the EPFO website and click on ‘Know Your Claim Status’ under ‘Services’.
- Enter your UAN and captcha code and click on ‘Search’.
- Select your member ID from the list and click on ‘View Claim Status’.
- You will see the details of your claim, such as claim ID, claim type, claim status, etc.
- Visit the EPFO website and click on ‘Track Claim Status’ under ‘Online Services’.
- Log in with your UAN, password and captcha code.
- Click on ‘Track Claim Status’ and you will see the details of your claim.
- Download the Umang app on your smartphone and register with your mobile number.
- Select ‘EPFO’ from the list of services and click on ‘Employee Centric Services’.
- Click on ‘Track Claim’ and enter your UAN and OTP.
- You will see the details of your claim.
The offline methods are as follows:
- Call the toll-free number 1800 118 005 and follow the instructions to know your claim status.
- Send an SMS to 7738299899 with the format EPFOHO UAN LAN, where LAN is the first three letters of your preferred language. You will receive an SMS with your claim status.
- Visit your nearest EPFO office and enquire about your claim status.
What are the tax implications of withdrawing EPF?
The tax implications of withdrawing EPF depend on the following factors:
- The amount of withdrawal
- The duration of service
- The reason for withdrawal
If you withdraw EPF before completing five years of continuous service, the withdrawal amount will be taxable in your hands as per your income tax slab rate. However, if you withdraw EPF for any of the following reasons, the withdrawal amount will be exempt from tax:
- Termination of service due to ill health of the employee or employer
- Discontinuation of business by the employer
- Any other reason beyond the control of the employee
If you withdraw EPF after completing five years of continuous service, the withdrawal amount will be exempt from tax. However, if you withdraw EPF after 1 April 2023 and your contribution to EPF exceeds Rs 2.5 lakh in a financial year, the interest earned on the excess amount will be taxable in your hands as per your income tax slab rate.
What are the benefits of EPF Claim Process
The benefits of withdrawing EPF are as follows:
- You can access your hard-earned money and use it for your personal or professional needs.
- You can earn higher returns by investing your money in other avenues, such as mutual funds, stocks, bonds, etc.
- You can reduce your tax liability by withdrawing EPF under certain conditions or by reinvesting it in other tax-saving instruments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is EPF claim and when can I claim it?
A: EPF claim is the process of withdrawing money from your EPF account. You can claim it under various circumstances, such as retirement, unemployment, or medical emergency.
Q: How can I claim EPF online in 2023?
A: You can claim EPF online through the EPFO portal by logging in with your UAN, password, and Captcha code. You need to fill the relevant claim form and submit it.
Q: What are the different types of EPF claim forms and when to use them?
A: There are different types of EPF claim forms depending on the purpose of withdrawal. For example, Form 14 is for financing LIC policy, Form 10D is for monthly pension, and Composite Claim Form is for partial or full withdrawal