GEM means “Government e Marketplace”. It is a website where people can buy and sell things for different groups and offices. Anyone who works for the government or a private company can use this website. The government made this website for government workers to do their work better and faster for the public sector. The main goals of the gem portal are to stop corruption and make the government work more clear and good
GeM Is an online platform for public procurement in India. The portal was launched on 9th August 2016 by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry,. GeM Portal is a paperless, contactless and cashless online marketplace. The sole purpose of GeM is to enhance efficiency, transparency and speed in public procurement.
Features of GeM Portal
Portal offers many features and benefits for both buyers and sellers. Some of the key features are:
- Rich listing of products and services across various categories
- Integrated payment system with multiple options
- Multiple procurement modes such as direct purchase, bid and reverse auction
- Online ordering and contract generation
- Dashboard and analytics for monitoring and evaluation
- Grievance redressal and incident management system
- Training and support for users through FAQs, videos, guides and webinars
What is The Eligibility for GeM Portal
GeM Is open for all eligible entities as per the Public Procurement (Preference to Make in India) Order 2017. The eligible entities are:
- Central and State Government Ministries/Departments
- Central and State Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs)
- Autonomous Institutions and Local Bodies
- Sellers/Service Providers registered on GeM Portal
Registration Process for Portal
To register on GeM Portal, the users need to follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of GeM Portal at [gem.gov.in]
- Click on the “Sign Up” button on the top right corner of the homepage
- Select the user type as “Buyer” or “Seller/Service Provider” as per the requirement
- Fill in the required details such as name, email, mobile number, organization name, etc.
- Verify the email and mobile number through OTPs
- Complete the profile creation by providing additional information such as PAN, GSTIN, bank account details, etc.
- Submit the registration form and wait for the approval from GeM Authority.
Overview Of Gem Portal
|Name of Scheme||Launched By||Beneficiary||Objective||Official Website||Launched Year||Mode of Application|
|Government e-Marketplace (GeM)||Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India||Central and State Government Ministries / Departments, Central & State Public Sector Undertakings, Autonomous institutions and Local bodies||To enhance efficiency, transparency and speed in public procurement of common use goods and services||gem.gov.in||2016||Online|
How to Buy on GeM Portal
Buyers can procure goods and services on GeM Portal through three modes: direct purchase, bid and reverse auction. The steps to buy on GeM Portal are:
- Login to the Portal with the registered credentials
- Search for the required product or service using keywords, filters or categories
- Compare the products or services based on price, quality, delivery time, etc.
- Select the product or service that meets the requirement and add it to the cart
- Review the cart and proceed to checkout
- Select the payment mode as advance payment, e-payment or consignee receipt and acceptance (CRAC)
- Generate the order and contract online
- Receive the product or service from the seller/service provider
- Confirm the receipt and acceptance of the product or service online
- Rate and review the seller/service provider based on the performance
How to Sell on GeM Portal
Sellers/Service Providers can offer their products and services on GeM Portal by following these steps:
- Login to the GeM Portal with the registered credentials
- Click on “Create New Offer” under “My Offerings” section
- Select the product or service category from the list or request for a new category if not available
- Fill in the product or service details such as name, description, specifications, price, delivery time, etc.
- Upload the relevant documents such as product images, brochures, certificates, etc.
- Submit the offer for approval from GeM Authority
- Once approved, the offer will be visible to all buyers on GeM Portal
- Respond to buyer queries, bids or auctions as per the notification
- Accept the order and contract online from the buyer
- Deliver the product or service to the buyer as per the contract terms
- Receive the payment online from the buyer after CRAC
What Are The Benefits of Portal for Buyers
GeM Portal provides many benefits for buyers such as:
- Access to a wide range of products and services from verified sellers/service providers across India
- Savings in cost, time and effort due to online procurement process
- Transparency and accountability due to online tracking and monitoring of orders and contracts
- Compliance with government rules and regulations regarding public procurement
- Quality assurance due to standardization of products and services specifications
Benefits of GeM for Sellers/Service Providers
Portal provides many benefits for sellers/service providers such as:
- Opportunity to showcase their products and services to a large number of government buyers across India
- Ease of doing business due to online registration, offer creation, order management and payment system
- Fair competition due to open bidding and auction process
- Increased visibility and credibility due to ratings and reviews from buyers
- Support from Authority for grievance redressal and incident management
Challenges of GeM Portal
GeM also faces some challenges and limitations such as:
- Lack of awareness and adoption among potential users due to low digital literacy and resistance to change
- Technical issues and glitches due to high volume of transactions and data
- Security and privacy risks due to cyberattacks and data breaches
- Disputes and conflicts between buyers and sellers/service providers due to miscommunication or non-compliance
- Capacity building and training needs for users to use the portal effectively and efficiently
What Is The Future of GeM
GeM Portal is constantly evolving and improving to meet the changing needs and expectations of the users. Some of the future plans and initiatives of Portal are:
- Integration with other government platforms such as Aadhaar, Udyog Aadhaar, GSTN, etc.
- Expansion of product and service categories to include more sectors and segments
- Introduction of new features and functionalities such as dynamic pricing, bulk buying, e-invoicing, etc.
- Enhancement of user experience and interface design to make it more user-friendly and accessible
- Promotion and awareness campaigns to increase the outreach and adoption of GeM Portal
Conclusion Of Gem Portal
GeM is a revolutionary initiative by the Government of India to transform the public procurement system in India. It aims to provide a one-stop solution for all the procurement needs of the government buyers and sellers/service providers. Offers many advantages such as efficiency, transparency, speed, quality, savings, etc. Also faces some challenges such as awareness, adoption, technical issues, security risks, disputes, etc. Continuously evolving and improving to overcome these challenges and provide a better service to the users. Portal is a great example of how technology can be level raged to create a positive impact on the society and economy.
Frequently Asked Questions On Gem Portal
Q . What is GeM portal?
A.GeM portal is an online platform for public procurement in India.
Q .How to register on GeM portal?
A .You can register on portal as a buyer or a seller by following the steps given
Q .What are the benefits of GeM portal?
A .GeM offers benefits such as transparency, efficiency, speed, cost savings, and quality assurance for public procurement.
Q . What are the product and service categories on portal?
A .GeM portal has 11,846 product categories and 301 service categories for common use goods and services.
Q . How to contact GeM portal for support or feedback?
A .You can contact portal through the support desk, feedback form, email, or phone number given