As citizen of India one should pay proper tax that maintains and improve GDP of India. If payee of tax had paid more amount than original amount he should claim more amount by asking refund of money and how to refund money will study in this article and also to check Income Tax ITR Refund status
At what situation tax payer pays high tax:
Generally if you work in any company automatically cuts your salary and pays tax but when you establish a company you should know how to pay a tax under these circumstances amount must be high
In this case we pay an extra tax which should be refunded for high paid
Procedure To Check ITR refund status
Process of income tax refund tax should be apply and check online
First of all visit official website of NDSL or open this link
After entering in this website fill pan details and select your year to which you want to refund money and submit your information.
There you can see status of your refund process.
This can be done through e-filling website
First of all you need lo login e-filling website and see view/return reforms in dash board after you need to fill details of your pan number and know your acknowledgement number which will be appeared as high lightened.
Different types of Income Tax refund process
Process of income tax refund will expire in 90 days after that if you want to see status you have to follow these steps
Repeat same steps and there after click on refund issue option in my account which will generate refund sequence number.
Online Income Tax refund status
- If it is manually applied connect to Assessing officer
- If you have applied electrically online login through it and asked to provide CPC reference number.
- If it is done through credit/debit card it will refund in bank.
At end if you have any quires regarding income tax refund status you have to call to customer care which will assist you regarding these details.
How to avoid delays in income tax refund
A taxpayer can avoid delays in income tax refund by following some simple tips such as:
- File your income tax return on time and before the due date.
- File your income tax return online and verify it electronically using EVC or DSC.
- Provide correct and complete details of your income, deductions, taxes paid, and bank account in your income tax return.
- Check your Form 26AS (tax credit statement) and match it with your TDS certificates and challans to ensure that all taxes paid by you are reflected correctly.
- Check your income tax refund status regularly and follow up with the income tax department or SBI if there is any delay or discrepancy.
- Rectify any errors or mistakes in your income tax return or refund as soon as possible.
How long does it take to get an income tax refund
The time taken to get an income tax refund depends on various factors such as:
- The mode of filing of ITR: Online filing of ITR is faster than offline filing as it eliminates manual errors and delays.
- The mode of verification of ITR: E-verification of ITR using EVC or DSC is faster than sending a physical copy of ITR-V (verification form) by post.
- The mode of payment of refund: Direct credit of refund to bank account using RTGS/NECS is faster than sending a cheque by post.
- The accuracy and completeness of ITR: If there are any errors or discrepancies in the ITR, it may lead to delay or rejection of refund claim.
- The workload and efficiency of the income tax department: If there are any technical issues or high volume of returns, it may affect the speed of processing of refunds.
Generally, it takes about 20-45 days for an online filed and verified ITR to get processed and refunded. However, this may vary depending on individual cases.
What are the different types of refund status messages
The refund status messages indicate the stage of processing of the refund claim by the income tax department. Some of the common messages are:
- ITR processed: Your income tax return has been processed by the income tax department and your refund claim has been accepted.
- Refund determined and sent out to Refund Banker: Your refund amount has been determined by the income tax department and sent to the State Bank of India (SBI), which is the refund banker for further distribution to your bank account or by cheque.
- Refund paid: Your refund amount has been credited to your bank account or sent by cheque by SBI.
- Refund adjusted against outstanding demand: Your refund amount has been adjusted against any outstanding tax demand from previous years.
- No demand no refund: Your income tax return has been processed but there is no refund due to you as your tax liability is equal to or less than your tax paid.
How To File An Income Tax Return Online
To file an income tax return online, you can follow these steps:
- First, you need to choose the right ITR form for your income and tax situation. There are seven ITR forms available, ranging from ITR-1 to ITR-7. You can find out which ITR form you should use by visiting [this page]or [this page]
- Next, you need to register and login to the income tax e-filing portal using your PAN, password and captcha code. The portal’s website
- Then, you need to select the assessment year, the ITR form number and the filing type as original or revised return. You also need to select the submission mode as either upload XML or online.
- If you choose upload XML mode, you need to download the excel or java utility from the portal and fill the ITR form offline. You can also import the pre-filled XML file from the portal to auto-fill some of your details. After filling the form, you need to validate it, calculate the tax, generate and save the XML file. Then, you need to attach the XML file on the portal and verify your return using one of the options such as digital signature certificate (DSC), Aadhaar OTP, EVC, etc
- If you choose online mode, you can only file ITR-1 or ITR-4 directly on the portal. You need to enter your income details, deductions, taxes paid and other relevant information on the portal. You can also import the pre-filled XML file from the portal to auto-fill some of your details. After filling the form, you need to verify your return using one of the options such as digital signature certificate (DSC), Aadhaar OTP, EVC, etc.
- After verifying your return, you will receive an acknowledgement email from the income tax department. You can also check the status of your return on the portal.
I hope this helps you file your income tax return online. If you have any questions or doubts, you can refer to [this guide] or [this guide] for more details.