Mo Ghara Yojana is a housing scheme launched by the government of Odisha in the year of 2023. The main aim of the scheme is to provide a financial assistance to the economically weaker households for them to construct or for the renovating their houses.
This scheme is part of the Rural Housing Odisha program which is implemented by the Panchayati Raj & Drinking Water Department of the odisha state government In this article you are going to know more about the Mo Ghara Yojana and the eligibility criteria of this yojana moreover the Benefits of this Scheme.
What are the Objectives of Mo Ghara Yojana
The main objectives of the Mo Ghara Yojana are:
- To provide pucca houses to all the houseless and those staying in kutcha houses in rural areas.
- Also To improve the living standards and quality of life of the rural poor.
- To promote social inclusion and empowerment of the marginalized groups.
- To create employment opportunities and boost the rural economy.
Overview Table Mo Ghar yojana
|Name Of Scheme||Launched By||Beneficiary||Objective||Official Website||Launched Year||Mode Of Application|
|Mo Ghara Yojana||Government of Odisha||Economically weaker households in rural areas||To provide credit-linked financial support to beneficiaries who have budget shortages to construct or repair their homes||Mo Ghara or Rural Housing Odisha||2023||Online|
Know The Eligibility Criteria For The Mo Ghara Yojana
The eligibility criteria for the Mo Ghara Yojana are:
- The applicant must be a resident of Odisha and belong to a rural area.
- Moreover The applicant must have a valid Aadhaar number and a bank account.
- The applicant must not own a pucca house or have received any assistance under any other housing scheme.
- Therefore The applicant must belong to one of the following categories:
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS)
- Scheduled Caste (SC)
- Scheduled Tribe (ST)
- Other Backward Class (OBC)
- Differently Abled
- Senior Citizen
- Single Woman
The Benefits of the Mo Ghara Yojana are
- The beneficiary will receive a financial assistance of Rs. 1.2 lakh to construct a new pucca house or Rs. 30,000 to repair an existing kutcha house.
- Moreover The beneficiary will also receive an additional amount of Rs. 12,000 for constructing a toilet under the Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin).
- Therefore The beneficiary will have the option to avail a credit-linked subsidy of up to Rs. 2.67 lakh from banks or other financial institutions at a low interest rate.
- Also The beneficiary will have the freedom to choose the design, layout, and material of the house as per their preference and local context.
Features Of The Mo Ghara Yojana
The features of the Mo Ghara Yojana are:
- The scheme is based on a demand driven and beneficiary-led approach, where the beneficiaries are identified through a participatory process involving gram sabhas, panchayats, and self-help groups. The official website of Mo Ghara Yojana
- Moreover The scheme is implemented through a convergence model, where various schemes and programs of the central and state governments are integrated to provide holistic support to the beneficiaries.
- The scheme is monitored and evaluated through a robust online system, where the beneficiaries can track the status of their application, payment, and construction through a dedicated portal.
- Therefore The scheme is supported by a dedicated helpline number¹ and a grievance redressal mechanism, where the beneficiaries can seek information, guidance, and assistance from the authorities.
What Is The Application Process For Mo Ghara
The application process for the Mo Ghara Yojana is as follows:
- The eligible beneficiaries can apply online through the portal or offline through their respective gram panchayats or block development offices.
- However The applicants have to fill up a simple application form and submit it along with their Aadhaar number, bank account details, and other relevant documents.
- The applications are verified and approved by the concerned authorities at the block and district levels.
- Also The approved beneficiaries are issued sanction letters and work orders by the district collectors.
- Moreover The beneficiaries can start the construction or repair work as per their choice and convenience.
What is The Payment Process
The payment process for the Mo Ghara Yojana is as follows:
- The payment is made directly to the beneficiary’s bank account through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode in four installments.
- The first installment of Rs. 30,000 is released after verification of land ownership and geo tagging of the site.
- The second installment of Rs. 30,000 is released after completion of foundation work and plinth level.
- The third installment of Rs. 30,000 is released after completion of wall construction up to lintel level.
- The fourth installment of Rs. 30,000 is released after completion of roof casting and finishing work.
Know The Roles and Responsibilities Of Mo Ghar
The roles and responsibilities of various stakeholders involved in the Mo Ghara Yojana are:
- The Panchayati Raj & Drinking Water Department is the nodal department for implementing, coordinating, and supervising the scheme at the state level.
- The State Project Management Unit (SPMU) is responsible for providing technical support, capacity building, quality assurance, monitoring and evaluation, and grievance redressal for the scheme.
- However The District Project Management Unit (DPMU) is responsible for planning, executing, and reporting the scheme at the district level.
- The Block Project Management Unit (BPMU) is responsible for facilitating, verifying, and approving the applications and payments at the block level.
- Also The Gram Panchayat is responsible for mobilizing, identifying, and assisting the beneficiaries at the village level.
- The Beneficiary is responsible for applying, constructing, and maintaining the house as per the guidelines and norms of the scheme.
Challenges faced by the Mo Ghara Yojana
The challenges faced by the Mo Ghara Yojana are:
- The lack of awareness and information among the potential beneficiaries about the scheme and its benefits.
- Moreover The delay and difficulty in obtaining land ownership documents and other clearances from the revenue and forest departments.
- The shortage and high cost of construction materials and skilled labor in some remote and inaccessible areas.
- However The poor quality and durability of some of the houses constructed due to lack of supervision and technical guidance.
- Moreover The misuse and diversion of funds by some of the beneficiaries or intermediaries
Frequently Asked Questions
Q .What is Mo Ghara Yojana?
A .A housing scheme by Odisha government to provide financial assistance to poor households for house construction or renovation.
Q .Who are eligible for Mo Ghara Yojana?
A . Economically weaker households who do not own a pucca house or live in a kutcha house in rural areas of Odisha.
Q .How much subsidy is given under Mo Ghara Yojana?
A .Rs. 70,000 subsidy on the loan amount of Rs. 3 lakhs. The loan is given in four slabs: Rs. 1 lakh, Rs. 1.5 lakh, Rs. 2 lakh and Rs. 3 lakh.
Q . How to apply for Mo Ghara Yojana?
A .Visit the official website of Mo Ghara and enter your Aadhaar number to check your application status and eligibility