This property tax is for whose property is In Bangalore (BBMP). They must have to pay for the Bruhat Banglore Mahanagara Palike (Bangalore City Municipal Corporation). This type of payment is simple and easily payable on online.
These charges are Controlled by the state government of Karnataka. You have pay your tax to BBMP otherwise You are also able to pay to local Authorities. This taxes are going to spend on Public activities Every year.
Paying Property Tax to BBMP ?
This property tax has to be pay once in a year and every year. If a party Has a vacant Land? They should also have to pay this BBMP tax. You must Observe that this property tax is paid Under 30th April. 2022
Due date and Rebate Pay to Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike.
If you pay your property tax before the given date. you are eligible for the Rebate about 5% from the payed money.If you have difficulty in paying The tax, You can Pay this tax In two installments. Note that if you are late In paying this bill, you need to pay extra 2% to the BBMP.
How to pay BBMP Property tax Online Payment 2023
- Visit the official website of BBMP at bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in or bbmp.gov.inand click on the “Pay Property Tax” box.
- Enter your 10 digit SAS application number and owner name and click on “Retrieve“. If you do not have your SAS application number, you can search it by entering your PID number or 2008-2015 renewal application number.
- Verify your property details and tax calculation. If there are any changes in your property, you can file a revised return by clicking on “Edit” and updating the relevant fields. Otherwise, you can proceed with the payment by clicking on “Pay Now“.
- Choose your preferred mode of payment from the available options such as credit card, debit card, net banking, UPI, etc. You will be redirect to the payment gateway where you need to complete the transaction.
- After the payment is successful, you will receive a confirmation message and a challan number. You can download or print your receipt by entering the challan number at [bbmptax.karnataka.gov.in].
Procedure To Calculate BBMP Property Tax
To calculate BBMP property tax, you need to know the following information about your property:
- The group of your property, which can be either residential or non-residential.
- The category of your property, which depends on the type of construction and flooring. There are four categories: I, II, III, and IV.
- The sub-category and sub-group of your property, which depend on the usage and occupancy of the property. There are different sub-categories and sub-groups for residential and non-residential properties.
- The zone of your property, which is based on the location and market value of the property. There are six zones: A, B, C, D, E, and F.
- The year of construction of your property, which affects the depreciation rate of the property.
- The built-up area of your property in square feet, which includes the carpet area, wall thickness, and common areas.
- The car park area of your property in square feet, if applicable.
- Also The tenanted or self-occupied status of your property, which affects the tax rate.
Once you have all this information, you can use the following formula to calculate BBMP property tax⁴:
Property Tax (K) = (G – I) * 20% + Applicable Cess (24% of Property Tax)
G = Gross Unit Area Value = (A + B + C)
I = G * D / 100
A = Tenanted area of property * Property rate per square foot * 10 months
B = Self-occupied area of property * Property rate per square foot * 10 months
C = Car park area of property * Property rate per square foot * 10 months
D = Depreciation rate based on year of construction
ARV Or Annual Rental value System
ARV is a type system in which levied on the basis of estimation value and Rent is fixed by municipal authorities.
How To Change Mobile Number In BBMP Property Tax
- The first way is to use the Mobile Number Update feature on the BBMP Property Tax System website.
- You need to enter your Application No. and verify an OTP to update your mobile number. After updating all future communication will be sent to the new mobile number only. For any assistance you can contact your jurisdictional ARO.
- The second way is to use the Revised Return SAS Property Tax Payment feature on the same website.
- You need to enter your Application No. or PID No. or 2008-2015 Renewal Application No and three characters of the owner’s name.
- Then you need to click on Retrieve and edit your mobile number on the form. After that, you need to click on Proceed and make the payment for the revised return
CVS Or Capital Value System
In this System the property tax is Calculated As the Some % (Percentage) to the market demand properties.. All this is Is Controlled by the state government of karnataka.
UNA Or Unit Area System
This is type of system in which the People who are living in a unit Area they need to pay to the BBMP Or local Authorities.
Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike Property Payment tax Forms
|Form-l||It has, to be used when property owner has his identification number, This form is Consists of Street Number, Ward Number etc….,|
|Form-ll||It is applicable at the time when owner lost his id number. And hod katha number. It is used to Identify parties location|
|Form-lll||Used when, owner lost ID number and katha number.|
|Form-lV||This form is used to confirm that the party Doesn’t have any Correction in property details. It is white form|
|Form-V||It is a blue form, In which to Edit the Details of Property. Ex:- A new floor has been constructed.|
|Form-Vl||this form is used when Propert tax is exemption|
Properties which are Eligible for the BBMP’s
- Living Houses in Bangalore
- Buildings which are Constructing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q . What is BBMP and what does it do?
A .BBMP stands for Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike, which is the administrative body responsible for the civic and infrastructural assets of the Greater Bangalore metropolitan area.
Q .How can I pay my property tax online through BBMP?
A .You can visit the [BBMP Property Tax System] website and enter your application number or PID number to pay your property tax. You can also check your payment status, download receipts, and file grievances on the website.
Q . How can I contact BBMP for any queries or complaints?
A . You can call the BBMP helpline number 080-22660000 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit their [official website] for more information and services