Paying Property tax in Delhi is a simple process. The Municipal Corporation also provides a website for Paying taxes. Residentials who owened their property in Delhi must pay property tax every year.
Delhi consists of three Municipal Corporations.1.East Delhi Municipal Corporation(EDMC), 2.South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC), 3.North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC). Property tax is is used to maintain the area which is under the municipal corporation.
There is a need of all these Corporations, because delhi is a vast populated and vast areared city which needs more power and intelligence to Maintain. In this article, you will get more information about the Municipal Corporation of Delhi and Property tax pay in Delhi.
How to Pay Property Tax In Delhi Online
To pay MCD property tax online, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of your municipal corporation: NDMC, SDMC or EDMC.
- Click on “Property Tax” and then on “Pay Online”.
- Enter your Unique Property Identification Code (UPIC) or your registered mobile number and click on “Generate OTP”.
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile and click on “Login”.
- You will see your property details and tax dues. You can also file your property tax return (PTR) online by providing the required information and uploading supporting documents.
- Click on “Pay Now” and choose your preferred mode of payment. You can pay by debit card, credit card, net banking, UPI or cash/cheque at designated banks.
- After successful payment, you will receive a confirmation message and a receipt. You can download or print the receipt for future reference.
Required Documents To Pay
Documents Required for Paying MCD Property Tax in Online
To pay MCD property tax online you should have the following documents:
- Your UPIC or registered mobile number
- Your OTP which is received on your mobile
- Your property tax receipt of the previous year (if available)
- Your property ownership documents (if you are a new owner or have made any changes in your property)
- Your Aadhaar card or PAN card (for identity proof)
- Your bank account details or card details (for payment)
How to Claculate MCD Property Tax
Calculating Property tax is self-assessed work. Only formula is available for it and there is a system to calculate this property tax in the official website.
- Annual property tax in delhi = Annual value×Rate tax
- Annual value = Unit area value per square meter × Unit area on property× Age factor ×Use factor× Structure factor×Occupancy factor.
- Tax Rate=Municipal Corporation of delhi releases Rate tax for A-H categories.
Offline MCD Property tax pay
You can pay this property tax in offline also. Then you will get an ID after you pay this tax, which is important for the future payings. You can pay this property tax at strategical ITZ cash counters around the delhi.
If you lost this ID number, system will generate another number but there is a chance to get problems on new number. So please don’t loose the previous number.
What are the Benefits of Paying Delhi Property tax
Paying MCD property tax online has several benefits, such as:
- It is convenient,safe , fast and secure for the tax payer.
- It saves time and money as you do not have to visit the municipal office or bank.
- It helps you avoid penalties and interest for late payment.
- It allows you to file your PTR online and get instant acknowledgement.
- It enables you to track your payment status and history online.
- It provides you with various payment options and discounts.
Discounts and Rebates for Paying MCD Online
The municipal corporation offer various discounts and rebates for paying MCD property tax in online such as:
- A 15% rebate given for paying the entire annual tax in one installment before June 30th.
- A 30% rebate given for senior citizens, women and persons with disabilities who are sole owners of residential properties.
- 10% rebate for properties having rainwater harvesting systems, solar panels or vermicomposting systems.
- 20% rebate for properties having all three systems mentioned above.
- 10% rebate for properties having green roofs or terrace gardens.
- 10% rebate for properties having waste segregation systems.
- A 10% rebate for properties which are having electric vehicle charging stations.
Help & Contact Information Of MCD
|Property Tax Department, NDMC, Palika Kendra, Sansad Marg, New Delhi – 110001
|Property Tax Department, SDMC, Civic Centre, Minto Road, New Delhi – 110002
|Property Tax Department, EDMC, Udyog Sadan, Patparganj Industrial Area, Delhi – 110092
Procedure To Check The Delhi Property Paid Tax Status
To check your Delhi property tax status, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the municipal corporation that collects your property tax. For example, if you live in North Delhi, go to [NDMC]. If you live in South Delhi, go to [SDMC]
- On the homepage, you are able to see and click on the “Online Services” tab you ahev to select “Property Tax” from the drop-down menu.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you can enter your login ID and password. If you are a new user, click on “Register” and fill in the required details. You will also need to provide your mobile number and OTP for verification.
- After logging in, you can view your property tax details such as outstanding amount, due date, payment history, etc. You can also download or print your property tax receipt from this page.
- If you want to pay your property tax online, click on the “Pay Property Tax” button and follow the instructions. You will need to enter your mobile number and OTP again for confirmation. You can choose from various payment modes such as net banking, debit card, credit card, etc.
Frequently asked Questions:-
Q. What is UPIC and how to get it?
A. UPIC is a 15-digit alphanumeric code that uniquely identifies your property. It is mandatory to have a UPIC to pay MCD property tax online. You can get your UPIC by applying online on the municipal website or by visiting the municipal office with your property documents.
Q. What if I do not pay MCD property tax online on time?
A. If you do not pay MCD property tax online on time, you will have to pay a penalty of 1% per month and interest of 12% per annum on the outstanding amount. You may also face legal action and seizure of your property by the municipal authorities.
Q. How can I check my MCD property tax online payment status and history?
A. You can check your MCD property tax online payment status and history by logging in to your account on the municipal website and clicking on “View Payment History”. You can also download or print your payment receipts from there.