The Government of India launched the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) in 2006 to support the higher education of the dependents and widows of the personnel of Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles (CAPFs & AR) and State Police. The Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat (KSB) under the Ministry of Defence manages the scheme.
The scheme offers financial aid to the eligible students who want to pursue professional and technical courses such as engineering, medicine, law, management etc In this article you are going to know about how to apply for the PMSS,What are the important dates for the exam, results etc..,
What Is PMSS And Motive Of PMSS
The PMSS is a plan that helps the wives and kids of the people who died or got hurt while working in the army, navy, or air force. These are the people who protect our country from bad people. PMSS pays for the wives and kids to learn more things in different areas like making machines, curing diseases, running businesses, etc.
The PMSS gets money from a big fund that is looked after by the Prime Minister’s Office. The PMSS started in 2006 and helps 5500 wives and kids every year. Moreover PMSS gives Rs. 2500 every month to boys and Rs. 3000 every month to girls.
The reason of PMSS is to make the wives and kids of the army, navy, or air force people happy and smart. The PMSS also says thank you and respect to the brave people who gave their lives or got hurt for our country. The PMSS makes the life and chances better for the wives and kids of the army, navy, or air force people.
Overview Table Of PMSS Scholarship
|Name Of Scheme
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS)
|The then-honorable prime ministers of India on August 15, 2005
|Dependent wards and widows of former or current RPF/RPSF members or ex-Servicemen / Ex-Coast Guard personnel and their widows
|To encourage higher technical and professional education for the beneficiaries
|www.ksb.gov.in for ex-Servicemen / Ex-Coast Guard personnel and their widows or [scholarships.gov.in] for RPF/RPSF members
|2006 for ex-Servicemen / Ex-Coast Guard personnel and their widows or 2008 for RPF/RPSF members
|Mode Of Application
How To Apply PMSS Scholarship Online
To apply online for PMSS you need to follow these steps:
- First of all Visit the KSBS PMSS website and click on PMSS from the header bar.
- Select New Application and click on Apply Online.
- In the tab, PMSS Registration Page will open. Provide all the details asked in the form, such as personal information, bank details, educational qualification, etc.
- After that Enter the verification code captcha and click on Submit.
- Moreover You will receive a confirmation email with your PMSS ID and password. Keep them safe for future reference.
- Therefore Log in to your PMSS account using your PMSS ID and password. You can check your application status, upload documents, and edit your profile from there.
- However You need to upload scanned copies of the following documents in PDF format: Annexure 1 (Certificate from Zila Sainik Board), Annexure 2 (Bonafide Certificate from College/Institute), Annexure 3 (Certificate from Bank), Ex-Servicemen/Ex-Coast Guard Certificate, Mark Sheet of MEQ, Aadhaar Card, and Cancelled Cheque.
- After uploading all the documents, click on Submit Application. You will receive an acknowledgement email with your application number. Note it down for future reference.
- Your application will be verified by the KSBS and you will be informed about the selection result through email/SMS.
Required Documents for Applying Scholarship
- A copy of Ex-Servicemen / Ex-Coast Guard Certificate duly attested by Zila Sainik Board (ZSB) / Coast Guard Headquarter (CG HQ).
- A copy of Matriculation Certificate duly attested by ZSB / CG HQ showing the date of birth of the applicant.
- A copy of Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) certificate as applicable for the course duly attested by ZSB / CG HQ.
- A copy of first page of Bank Pass Book (in original) clearly showing name and A/C number of the applicant (in which scholarship amount is to be paid).
- A copy of Aadhaar Card of the applicant (except for students from J&K, Assam and Meghalaya).
- A copy of Bonafide Certificate duly filled up correctly and signed by Vice Chancellor / Principal / Vice Principal / Dean / Associate Dean / Registrar / Dy Registrar / Director / Dy Director of the Institute / College as per Annexure 1.
- A copy of Certificate from his/her bank stating that Aadhaar Card of student is links with his/her bank account number as per Annexure 2.
- For renewal cases, a copy of Marksheet of previous academic year duly attested by Vice Chancellor / Principal / Vice Principal / Dean / Associate Dean / Registrar / Dy Registrar / Director / Dy Director of the Institute / College as per Annexure 3.
Eligibility Criteria Of PMSS Scholarship
To be eligible for PMSS, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You should be a dependent ward or widow of an ex serviceman or ex coast guard personnel. Civilians and para military personnel are not eligible.
- You should have taken admission in the first year of a technical or professional course (except lateral entry and integrated course) that is approved by AICTE or UGC.
- You should have scored at least 60% marks in the minimum educational qualification (MEQ) for your course. For example, if you want to do MBBS, your MEQ is 10+2. If you want to do BE/B.Tech, your MEQ is 10+2 or Diploma. If you want to do MBA, your MEQ is Graduation.
- Also You should apply online on the KSB web portal [www.ksb.gov.in] within one year of admission to your course.
What are the benefits of Scholarship
Some benefits of the PMSS Scholarship are:
- The students get ₹2500 per month for boys and ₹3000 per month for girls. This money can help them pay for their fees, books, hostel, etc.
- The scholarship is given for the whole duration of the course, from one to five years, depending on the course.
- The scholarship is given to 5500 students every year, 2750 boys and 2750 girls. This means that many students can get this opportunity.
- The scholarship is given based on merit. The students have to score 60% or more in their previous exams to apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship is given in priority order. The first preference is given to the children and widows of the people who died or got injured while working in the army or coast guard. The second preference is given to the people who got awards for their bravery.
Frequently Asked Question
Q . What is PMSS?
A . Scholarship for Armed Forces’ widows and wards.
Q . Who funds PMSS?
A . National Defence Fund by Prime Minister’s Office.
Q. How to apply for PMSS?
A . Online through KSB website.
Q .What are the eligibility criteria for PMSS?
A .Technical or post-graduate education, merit-based selection.
Q .How much is the scholarship amount for PMSS?
A. Rs.2,500/- for boys, Rs.3,000/- for girls monthly