Property owners who own their property in mumbai, they need to pay property tax to Brihan mumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC). Paying this tax is simple. there seems to be 10%-18% of revision in property tax around this year 2022-2023. Know more about MCGM Property Tax Pay
For every 5 years MCGM conducts a revision But the year 2020 Has gone with pandemic that’s why revision didn’t conducted. But now this year 2023revision will be conducted. You are going to know more about the MCGM Property Tax Pay
Mumbai is a very big city, all the tax is collected through various ways. Every minute there is a development and modification of mumbai corporation rules. From this taxes public properties are maintaining , repairing and rebuilding them. Extra tax is applied for the one who don’t pay within the time. Mumbai corporation is changing and updating the ways of corporation.
MCGM Property Tax Calculation
- visit Official firstname.lastname@example.org
- Now, Enter the ward, zone, Sub zone, type of occupancy, date of effect, User main category, floor, sub floor,Year of construction, type and Nature of the building etc.
- After completing it Now click on the calculate to calculate the tax
- The property tax which is to be paid will be shown.
Tax Rates Category Wise
|Category||Rate of Tax|
MCGM Property Tax Pay Online
- Firstly, visit official website@https://www.mcgm.gov.in
- To login enter the account number as well as Capthcha.
- Afterthat, you able to pay the tax on next page.
- After payment you will get a receipt.
- Check once again that all your information are without errors
MCGM Property tax Exemption
Residential properties in Mumbai that are 500 sq.ft that are exempted from the tax. Public residential properties uch as hospitals, Educational institutions and parks. properties which are used to charities and worshiping purposes.
Highlights of MCGM Property tax
- MCGM stands for Municipal Corporation Greater Mumbai.
- In case of non tax payer on time 2 % Penalty will be added.
- Tax must be paid Before 30 th june.
Formula To Calculate MCGM Property Tax
- Property tax= Tax Rate × Capital value
- Capital value = Rate of the base value/ Market value of the property× build up area× Types of buildings × Category of use × floor factor
Important info for paying property tax
- Check out for the required documents to pay tax.
- Therefore, For further more information please contact help line number 1916 of BMC.
- Property tax application will be acceptable only through MCGM portal. otherwise it will be rejected.
- Lookout for the personal errors and the systematic errors.
How To Pay Tax Offline
You can pay MCGM Property tax Offline like below
- BMC Help Centers
- Office of the Assistant Revenue Officer
- Citizen Facilitation Centre at all the ward offices
You can find list of ward like below
- Property Account Number (PAN)
- Property Tax Bill
- Cheque or Demand Draft in favor of “Assessor & Collector of Property Tax”
- Cash (only up to Rs. 10,000).
Benefits of Mcgm Property Tax
Paying MCGM property tax online has several benefits such as:
- Convenience: you can pay MCGM property tax online from anywhere and anytime without visiting any office or standing in any queue.
- Security: you can pay MCGM property tax online using secure payment modes and get instant confirmation and receipt.
- Transparency: you can check MCGM property tax details, dues and history online and avoid any errors or discrepancies.
- Discounts: One can avail discounts on MCGM property tax if paid online before the due date.
How To Check your MCGM Status
Follow the below steps to check your MCGM
- Go to the Citizen Portal Services website.
- Now a form will open on the portal in that and enter your property/account number.
- Enter the captcha and click on Submit.
- After that you are redirect to another page.
- You will see your property details and outstanding dues on the screen.
- You can also view and download your property tax bills by clicking on View Bill.
Q.Can we Pay the property tax in Offline?
Yes,you can apply in both in offline as well as Online by following the above steps.
Q.It s Mandatory to pay this tax ?
A.Of course it is mandatory. With this money the municipality maintain and repair the roads and all public Assets.